05 May 2007

It's National Scrapbooking Day!

My Digital Muse is having a wonderful contest for their digital photographers. Now, I've not participated too much w/this awesome site, but have lurked for a LONG time and just had to get in on this challenge.

We were given 20 riddles to solve and then shoot photos of those items. Each item then had to be submitted in order to receive a prize. I think I got all the riddles right, and my photos are not the greatest, and I didn't take too much time doing this, so they're not my best - but I had a great time and realize that I really need to participate more at My Digital Muse.

Take some time and visit this cool site. Maybe you'll want to be involved too! Visit My Digital Muse today!

Here are the riddles and then pictures of my answers:

1. What gets wetter and wetter the more it dries?

2. What's black and white and red all over?

3.What goes around the world but stays in a corner?

4. I have holes in my top and bottom, my left and right, and in the middle. But I still hold water. What am I?

5. I run over fields and woods all day. Under the bed at night I sit not alone. My tongue hangs out, up and to the rear, awaiting to be filled in the morning. What am I?

6. What can run but never walks, has a mouth but never talks, has a head but never weeps, has a bed but never sleeps?
7. I'm the part of the bird that's not in the sky. I can swim in the ocean and yet remain dry. What am I?
8. Pronounced as one letter, And written with three, Two letters there are, And two only in me. I'm double, I'm single, I'm black, blue, and gray, I'm read from both ends, And the same either way. What am I?
9. My life can be measured in hours; I serve by being devoured. Thin, I am quick; fat, I am slow. Wind is my foe. What am I?
10. Poke your fingers in my eyes and I will open wide my jaws. Linen cloth, quills, or paper, my greedy lust devours them all. What am I?
11.What goes up the chimney down, but can't go down the chimney up?
12. I am the beginning of sorrow, and the end of sickness. You cannot express happiness without me, yet I am in the midst of crosses. I am always in risk, yet never in danger. You may find me in the sun, but I am never out of darkness.
13. I run, yet I have no legs. What am I?
14. What kind of room has no windows or doors?
15. What has a foot on each side and one in the middle?
16. What comes once in a minute, twice in a moment, but never in a thousand years?

17. I'm where yesterday follows today, and tomorrow's in the middle. What am I?
18. From the beginning of eternity. To the end of time and space. To the beginning of every end.And the end of every place. What am I?
19. In a marble hall white as milk. Lined with skin as soft as silk. Within a fountain crystal-clear.A golden apple doth appear. No doors there are to this stronghold, Yet thieves break in to steal its gold.
20. Weight in my belly, Trees on my back, Nails in my ribs, Feet do I lack. What am I?